Saturday, August 20, 2005

Nakakahiya!

I'm used to ordering DVDs online from Amazon. Not only that their prices are discounted, they also have great service! Once, they send me a DVD copy of Saving Private Ryan by mistake. Afraid that they might have billed me for it, I told them about the incident. I asked them whether I should send it back. Because it would cost me a lot if I'd send it back, they just gave it to me for free! Of course, I wasn't billed for it. It was their mistake, they said. Then, I ordered The Pillow Book from them but it didn't arrive soon (mostly a month or less after shipping) as expected. I became worried and asked them about it. They immediately shipped another copy that reached me about a week after I have asked them. For which I was taxed heavily because they have used 2-3 days delivery option via UPS. But they also paid for it when I made a complain. After a few days or so, the first shipped Pillow arrived at my doorstep! There was a delay in the delivery process, I guess. (Eventually, I sold both Pillow to Pinoy buyers because I needed the money.)

Anyway, I found a site which sells DVDs for less than what Amazon sells! A DVD that costs $24 originally may sell in Amazon at $19 while this site would sell it at $11 or so! Imagine the difference?! So I immediately made my first order. They sent me a confirmation e-mail then informed me about the shipping that would take place soon. But after a few days, I didn't get any e-mails from them. When I went to check the status of my order in their site, it was CANCELLED! I didn't understand because I did not make any cancellations. Was there a problem with my credit card or something like that? I asked them why. Here is what they have to say:

Order # 24459919 was cancelled due to the high volume of unauthorized purchase claims from your country. We understand that you may not fall into this category and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We regret that we cannot fulfill your request for orders that are to be billed or shipped to your address. Your credit card has not been charged.

OMG! Sobrang nakakahiya na tayo! It is bad enough that the customs officials tax us wrongly. (Either they tax too high or they reduce it and keep the payment to themselves!) What's worst is that they steal the items which now banned us from ordering (in some sites) abroad! Sobrang basang-basa na ang papel natin sa ibang bansa! Eventhough I am proud to be Pinoy, I just can't help but be embarrased sometimes. These people give Pinoy a bad reputation!

2 comments:

the rocketboy said...

I know what you mean! We get the brunt of the punishment for our brothers' sins. Parang yung mga Ayala rallies. Nakakahiya talaga.

Anonymous said...

balahura kasi ang iba...kung mandaya sobra sobra...