Thursday, March 24, 2005

Korea's "Summer Time" is Philippine's "Scorpio Nights"


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I just recently saw this Korean film called "Summer Time". When I've read its synopsis on the net, I've found it be very similar to Peque Gallaga's "Scorpio Nights". I thought that the film might have based its story from SN because there are unfamiliar plots in the synopsis that I've read.

When I finally got hold of the DVD copy of ST and watched it, lo and behold! 95% (or even higher, I guess) of the film is practically very SN!!! From the plot to the main characters to the supporting ones down to the little details of the film!

I wonder, does Peque Gallaga know that ST adapted the storyline of SN? Actually, technically speaking, ST is a remake of SN. ST is a 2004 movie from Korea and SN was from the 80's. If he did, why are there no news about it? If he did not, what would he think about this? They have control over the disctribution of the story, right? So he/they should be given compensatory amount for it.

OR, was SN also based from another story which Korea based their movie on? As far as Ik now, SN was an original story...

(originally posted on Nov. 19, 2004 here)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Request:can u arrange for Scorpio Nights 1&2 English subtitles in any format, their subtitles are not availiable anywhere on the net.

jiffypop said...

I need English subtitles for Scorpio Nights too. Can't find them anywhere