Thursday, December 22, 2005

The Best and the Worst of 2005

These are the films that have been shown (and released) here in our country this year. I have classified them according to what I feel and think about them. You may agree or disagree with me but they are my choices. This is in random order.

*Best Films 2005*

Ang Pagdadalaga in Maximo Oliveros
Cinderella Man
Crash
-- *Outstanding* No exact words could describe this one!
The 40-Year Old Virgin
Mga Pusang Gala
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Nobody Knows
Closer
Million Dollar Baby
Must Love Dogs
Spanglish
Kung Fu Hustle
3-Iron
Old Boy
The Exorcism of Emily Rose
La Visa Loca

*Good (to Average) Films 2005*

The Family Stone
Just Like Heaven
The Sisterhood of Traveling Pants
War of the Worlds
Mr. & Mrs. Smith
The Fantastic Four
Masahista
Dubai
Lovestruck
Batman Begins
Hitch
Meet the Fockers
The Phantom of the Opera
Red Eye
In Good Company
The Wedding Crashers
Sideways
Star Wars Ep. 3: The Revenge of the Sith
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
The Eye Infinity
Constantine
Shall We Dance?
The Amityville Horror
Jenny, Juno
Bikini Open
Nasaan Ka Man
Say That You Love Me
Fever Pitch

*Bad (to Worst) Films 2005*

Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo
The Fog
Bewitched
Elektra
Flight Plan
Boogeyman
The Exorcist: The Beginning
The Exorcist: Dominion
The Skeleton Key
The Wedding Date
Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous
House of Wax
The Pacifier
Can This Be Love?
Boso

I know that I have forgot some movies so I'll just update this from time to time...

1 comment:

sineasta said...

Well, today is the first day of showing for the MMFF movies. I don't know if I'd be seeing Exodus. Frankly speaking, I'm not really looking forward to the movies this season except for Blue Moon. But I still can't say. May be I'll see it...

Don't worry, after Dubai, the only latest release in Pinoy movies is "Lovestruck". There are lots of digital films shown but I have no idea when they'd be release or if they'd be release on videos at all.