Sunday, January 23, 2005

Be Fockerized!


On Cinemas This Week



This is the first film I saw in 2005. It wasn't intended that way because I wanted to see "Kung Fu Hustle" and "Ocean's 12" first which were both shown in January 6. Sadly though, I wasn't able to.

Anyway, I was lucky enough to win two premiere tickets to this movie on January 18, 7:00 PM at Glorietta 4, Cinema 6 through ETC/USA channel.

I am no fan of "Meet the Parents". It was funny, alright. But I really didn't find it hilarious the way other people did. However, when I learned who would play the Focker parents, I was excited! Imagine, Barbra Streisand and Dustin Hoffman as Mr. and Mrs. Focker? That would be a blast!

And a blast it truly was! "Meet the Fockers" was way better than the first one in every way! Sobra siyang nakakatawa! Believe me!

It has a tightly written script, I should say. The dialogues were hilarious and the situations were just overwhelmingly funny. Not to mention how great the acting of Barbra, Dustin, and Robert De Niro were! Those three were a good combination. You really couldn't imagine Barbra ( who has the image of being a "diva") doing those funny antics. And, as what I've read in other reviews, Dustin was finally able to use his over-acting skills well in here! Hehehe... (I guess, the "over-acting" comes with age. Look at Al Pacino. Christopher de Leon. They have reached the peak of their acting skills that there's nowhere to go except be way over the top.)

Barbra, Dustin, and Robert are truly the heart of the film. Forget about Ben Stiller. Ben has been doing (and acting) the same way in his last films. Although, of course, he has to act the same way as he did in Meet the Parents. It is just tiring to see him act "stupidly" in different situations. I believe that he didn't do well in 2003-04 even if he had 4 films to boot (Duplex - real crap!, Along Came Polly - so-so, Dodge Ball - pwede na, and Starsky and Hutch - didn't see it and no plans seeing it!) At least MTF saved him!

So, go out and Meet the Fockers! You'll not be disappointed! BE FOCKERIZED!!!

No comments: